Computational Design & Architecture, Research, Experimentation and Development

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Workshop Report 1. Guadalajara

Has been a while since the last time I wrote something here, I've been with a lot of work with school projects absorbing much of the time and beginning to develop personal projects about which I hope to share with you soon.

Well, now I would like to share with you the experience and some pictures of what was the first Workshop on parametricism I have given.


This event took place with the collaboration of my friend Farid, of  Id²ea, who supported us by providing facilities for the event, and with the support of Chido Studio, the design collective with whom I have been working recently and now this is working in Chile in a series of very interesting projects. Aye I would also like to thank Ayeritza F. Arechiga of FARA.Architectural Lab for support in logistics and administration of the event.

The event took place on 17 and 18 of September, having an excellent response and very interesting results in this moment I am working to put together an album with pictures of the projects developed by the participants, I hope soon to share with you.

The objective of the workshop was to equip participants with the knowledge and tools to enable them to develop a methodology to address various design processes by developing computational algorithms, supporting the visual programming environment Grasshopper.


During two intense days the students worked hard and the program was divided into 2 parts, the first segment, participants are guided along a series of exercises that help you understand the functionality of the software, the capabilities and limitations, and workflow to address various design issues with a new methodology.

In the 2nd block, participants formed teams to propose and develop different projects based on their personal interests; during this time the advice was carried out in a much more personal way, with each team working separately, to share developments at the end with the rest of the group to discuss and understand the logic established in each system.


Although the experience was quite exhausting, was also very rewarding, with very interesting results and proposals; I will like to thank participants to share this experience,it is for me a valuable learning.













No comments:

Post a Comment